Thursday, July 24, 2008

THIEF!!!!!


I just made out like a bandit at the farmers market! I spent 35 bucks and got a weeks worth or more of groceries! Plus I talked to a farmer there who is starting a CSA here and his shares come out to about 14 dollars a week for a huge box of veggies. I am so excited! Today I got a dozen ears of corn, two big acorn squash's, a bushel of tomatoes, a head each of green and red leaf lettuce, a bushel of purple potatoes, a quart of purple beans, a cantaloupe, blueberries, a jar of real fresh honey, a fresh loaf of chocolate bread, and some ginger snap cookies. The last two items where not really veggies but they looked so good and I wanted to buy a little something from all of the farmers there. I really believe in supporting local growers and organic growing practices. However I could only take home so many veggies without fear of rot so I got goodies too. Probably not vegan of me but hey it's a start and if I don't think about the ingredients I will be able to have a nibble I think. Yummy! Mostly the goodies are for Whit. He loves goodies! I got the purple beans and potatoes purely out of fascination! I had a purple pepper on tuesday and it was really good so I figured what the heck!

There are a lot of exclamation points in the post. Can you tell that I am excited?

Well I am off to wash some lettuce for a salad. Have a great one.

Happy Training,
Love Jenn

2 comments:

MizFit said...

I love your sign off.

happy training.

should mine be:

off to plop my ass on my couch,

Miz.

Jenn said...

All training should be happy or else why bother right?