Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Whole30 Days 1 and 2

I finally started the Whole30 program. Yesterday was a bit difficult as I had not gone shopping yet and too much of the food in our pantry is filled with sugar and grain and processed until calling it food is like called a drag queen a lady. I mostly managed to make it through the day with only one hitch, store bought jerky. Breakfast was scrambled eggs and an apple. When I left to go shopping I had not eaten lunch. It is a 30 minute drive to the city and by the time I was done checking the items off my list I was starving! I bought a small package of cashews and a bit of jerky to tide me over until dinner. For dinner I baked an acorn squash, balsamic chicken breasts, and asparagus. Then I had another apple for desert which put me over the top on my fruit consumption and sorely lacking on veg!

Today started with scrambled eggs and pineapple. (I do love protein and fruit in the morning). For lunch I am having a salad with some turkey breast as soon as I find a recipe for Whole30 approved dressing! Dinner tonight will be steak and steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. My snack tonight will be a small handful of raw almonds.

Half way through day two and I am feeling the detox. I have zero energy as my body is dealing with relearning how to burn fat instead of carbs and my head is pounding. I have plenty of things that need to get done but am taking it easy instead. We are getting our first snowfall of the season today which makes me want to curl up and knit something. :D I think I will pursue that instinct tonight along with watching a movie with The Lineman.

Stay tuned for more of my journey as I will start to implement an exercise plan on Monday, hopefully after most of the detox effects have gone.

Back to work, then lunch! Yum!

No comments: