Monday, April 6, 2009

Challenge Day 1- Kicking Butt and Taking Names

I had an awesome workout this morning. I did 45 minutes of cardio and 15 minutes of strength and I am exhausted, but I feel amazing right now. For cardio I went back to an old staple, Leslie Sanson. However I didn't just go through the motions, I kicked it into high gear and made that 3 miles count. Next week I will set foot back in the gym for the first time in a while. I am a bit nervous about it though which is why I am doing this week at home. For my strength training I took a page out of Fitness Mag. Well 3 pages actually! I did the ultimate lunchtime quickie workout on page 75 of the march issue. If you don't have the mag you can go here and print a copy or watch the video of the moves. I thought the workout was fun and challenging. It took me a while to do it because I am starting from scratch so I only did one set of everything. In a couple of weeks I will work in another set. Another great thing is that I can take this workout to the gym! It also worked a lot of the core muscles without doing crunches. Yay!

So far, my food has been good. I started the morning with some PB&J Oatmeal and am about to have some light soup and baby carrots for lunch. Ummm! So far today I have downed 1 of my 3 liters of water. 2 to go.

Well, I am off to get some cleaning done. I will call that my spontaneous exercise for today. I will check back in with you all later to let you know how the rest of the day goes.

Happy Training,
Love Jenn

3 comments:

Chocolate & Chants said...

I've tried that lunchtime workout! It's quite tough!!

wakati said...

Congratulations!!! You are well on your way to hitting this challenge out of the park:-)

Look at you, new blog and all!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your awsesome workout and thanks SOOOOOO much for posting the link to fitness magazine. I'll try to treadmill workout on my next run day (thur).